Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'm still alive!

Heya folks! Just giving you a quick update saying I'm still alive, still drinking tea, and still hanging out in Glasgow with my friends Kody and Carly!

I've been doing art and trying to come up with plans for myself for future projects and such.

I did manage to see a bit of Perth, Dundee and St. Andrews last weekend. My boyfriend Eren's friend had a wedding last Saturday, where I had good food, good champagne, and managed to do quite a bit of Ceilidh dancing, which was so much fun! They had a live band and everything. It's basically like line dancing, but if your life ain't in danger at some point while you're dancing then you're not doing it right! Haha, it was crazy! I was lucky because Eren was up there with me dancing like mad. ^-^

Some of the cool things I've been seeing/doing/eating around this crazy town....

- played Guitar Hero with a Theremin
- making frequent trips on the train... train is always fun!
- buying tons of tea... earl grey, turkish apple, green apple pear, peppermint, insta-chai, green tea jasmine are some of our list
- making a game with Eren, with dialogue written by Tyler! It's Insane Yeti Squirrel themed!
- stayed at a really pretty hotel called "Mark's Hotel" where they had crazy wallpaper and a fantom possessed shower!
- had all you can eat Chinese food in Dundee, and on the way saw a "Jak's Cafe" (spelled the same way!)
- Beat Assassin's Creed 2 (HAH!)
- cooking stuff! Pancakes, breakfast, Japanese hamburg steak, Apple Crisp, Banana Bread Loaf
- Looking into bellydancing lessons, jewelry making classes, the university's pool for swimming funtimes!
- been buying beads for making voodoo/pirate inspired jewelry!
- Lush is only a 5 minute walk away and since Kody has a large tub at his flat, have been getting my Lush baths! *heart*
- went go-karting and laser tagging for a birthday party of someone I didn't know (was pretty amazing at go-karting for the first time, but laser tagging I leave something to be desired..)

Caz and I went to Edinburgh quite a few weeks ago. We went on a Sunday so not much was open and we went quite late in the day.. but I did manage to see Edinburgh castle from afar and saw a bunch of adorable shops! Caz and I made our first joint purchase - a cupcake teapot! Yay! I'm still planning on going back there soon when the weather gets nicer, and Steph and I will be going there when she comes up too for the City of the Dead tour. Getting excited for a bit better weather for more adventures.

Upcoming adventures include..

- Germany trip to see Eren
- Italy weekend with Eren while I'm in Germany
- Loch Ness Blair Witch adventure with Kody and Caz

So a few fun things on the horizon! Don't worry, more fun adventures and pictures will come soon! Love you all!

Me and Eren at the wedding! Happies!
The best hot chocolate I've ever had
Edinburgh Castle
Our Cupcake Teapot baby!

1 comment:

  1. AGH! Edinburgh Castle! I miss Edinburgh so much. It's a gorgeous city.

    I'm so glad that you're having such an awesome time! That's really great to hear. It's awesome that you got t do some Ceilidh dancing. I hear it's insane.

    I hope you have some more aaaawesome times!

    ReplyDelete